Founded in October 2003, we offer a wide range of services for the residents of Wetherby and the surrounding villages.
Our services include:
- A Befriending service
- A Elderberries a social group held at ‘The Wetherby’ Community Club/Venue
- Specialist memory cafés in Wetherby and Collingham to support people who live with dementia and their carers
- Gardening Scheme funded by Children in Need
- An information and advice service
- Laptop Loungers – computer, tablet and phone help.
- Poetry Group
- Knit one Purlwise
- Chatter and Batter – a fish and chips lunch
- Seasonal Musical Matinees
- WiSE Owl Cafe for the Community
- Transport Scheme
- Soup and a Smile every Wednesday
- Line Dancing every Thursday
Wetherby in Support of the Elderly is concerned about the increase in numbers of elderly people who are being isloated or abused. If you know of anyone who is being kept in against their wish or who is being abused, or if you are, please follow this link to the Leeds Safeguarding Team:
.www.leedssafeguardingadults.org.uk or call 0113 222 4401.